- This event has passed.
Women’s Spring Retreat
March 25 @ 5:00 pm - March 27 @ 5:00 pm CDT$245.00
Shalom: A Gift of Wholeness
To be human is to be whole, but to fail to see the wholeness. Thomas Lloyd Qualls
The word “shalom” is rich in meaning, including peace, wholeness, well-being, joining of opposites, completeness, restoration, fullness and tranquility. This Eremos retreat offers you time to step out of our normal patterns and daily tasks long enough to explore the gift of shalom as the ground and means of wholeness – wholeness of our separate selves, wholeness in our communities, wholeness of our divided world, and wholeness of creation. The retreat provides a time of learning, reflection, quiet, rest, exploration, and restoration.
Retreat will include:
- Casual meals together
- Brief explorations of the meaning and gift of Shalom
- Group gatherings for listening, dialogue and exploration
- Periods of silence and solitude
- Blocks of time for walking, rest, labyrinth, contemplation, journaling, art and other chosen forms of restoration
- Times for exploration of personal aspects of shalom with one or two others
- Playing with poetry, music, movement and art (optional)
- Brief shalom prayer services marking each day
- Closing and final reflection
- Arrive Friday between 3:00 and 5:30pm
- Casual dinner at 6:00 pm
- Participants are asked to contribute some food items for breakfast, lunches and breaks
- Participants are asked to assist with meal and snack preparation and clean up one time during the retreat
- Gathering and introduction 7:00 Friday
- Departure noon on Sunday
- All participants must be vaccinated and masks will be required except outdoors or at meals.
Includes 2 nights lodging in single room, dinners on Friday and Saturday evenings, and all materials.[/inwave_info_item][/inwave_info_list]
Retreat leader, facilitator, teacher, Benedictine, and contemplative[/inwave_info_item][/inwave_info_list]
Join us for a weekend of soul-nourishing contemplation, reflection, silence, and time to walk the nature trails, as we explore what wholeness or completeness means to us. Let the quiet of Cedarbrake Renewal Center and the company of others open you to the gift of Shalom as you discover wholeness and peace.